Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Top five: video games on which I have wasted time

Well, I don't think it was wasted time, but some might say it was.
  1. Rainbow Islands (A500) - by far my most favourite game ever. I was village champion (self-declared) despite still needing to finish this.
  2. Shadow of the Beast II (A500) - eventually resorted to buying a cheats book from the back of Amiga Format and then enlisting a wingman (or woman, actually) to guide me through this hell-in-sideways-scroll-mode game (Tip - ask the first pygmy to the right about '10 pints')
  3. GoldenEye (N64) - allowing some social into my gaming (before all this networking malarky) with 4-way multiplayer. The hours I spent being Baron Samedi in the Archives with proximity mines is only too telling in my first year undergrad results.
  4. Medal of Honour: Rising Sun (PS2) - this game very nearly broke my marriage before we'd even got down the aisle. Lots of hours of me shouting 'get on the effing elephant' while he got annoyed at being stealth while I ran about firing all over the shop.
  5. Jaguar XJ220 (A500) - I always took the joystick while my partner in crime got the mouse. We liked tracks 4 and 7 on the jukebox best.
Ah, they don't make them like the used to anymore...

No comments: