The first signs are starting to appear though, signs that The Event is coming.
I've started wearing slippers. And enjoying the wearing of slippers. In fact on more than one day in the last week I have actually looked forward to getting home to put my slippers on.
I'm sure plenty of people enjoy slippers, some younger than me, but it's not an activity I have participated in before. I mean, sure, I experimented - who hasn't? I tried those comedy slippers shaped like pandas in my early teens. I may even have worn a Chinese-style sequined pair to avoid contact with the rancid flooring in our first flat but it was a means to an end, not a lifestyle choice. Not like now.
Is this where it starts? What can I expect to happen next? What other little habits will creep in as The Event gets closer? Should I fight it or just snuggle further down in the comfy chair and hope someone brings me cocoa for Book at Bedtime?
I was heard that age ain't nothing but a number. But it does seem more than that when it arrives wearing slippers.

1 comment:
More signs at the weekend. We had a conversation about 'the good tablecoth' while seeking out the emergency chair.
Post a Comment