Monday, 20 July 2009

With an oink oink here...

SWINE INFLUENZAImage by secretlondon123 via Flickr

I am not a good patient. Which is strange because as I am inherently lazy you'd think being allowed to lie around on the sofa in my PJs watching daytime telly would be right up my street. But it isn't. Mainly because I am not good with a loss of control, or independence, or whatever you want to term it.
So, now I have had the swine flu diagnosis (or the assumption of swine flu given you just tick boxes on a website then tell a GP which boxes you have checked) I am trying to get my head around the fact that I've got to lose control for around a week.
This isn't too bad. I think I can cope with that. It's only until the weekend.
My husband (let me clarify - Best Husband in the World Ever) is suited to this sort of high-pressure-one-parent-down situation. He excels at the organisation and deployment of our remaining resources. He's also very good at putting up with my whining and dramatic swooning hand-to-forehead moments.
So we'll be fine...and I'll be fine too. After all, this is just like a mild flu to me so I've no reason to worry. Other than that lack of control thing...and when I think about it too long the thought of the influenza virus running a mock through my system when I have no certain way of stopping it can give me the beginnings of a freak out.
Best way to deal with this - don't think about it. The illness will run its course and then control will be regained. It's only until the weekend...just a few more days....

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Dave Serjeant said...

can't believe you mentioned control so many times without thinking to watch it.

Sarah said...

I never claimed to be bright...still, have watched it now :)