Tuesday, 10 January 2012

New Year record haul

My first trip of 2012 and it was up to Manchester for some soul rejuvenation and an indulgent afternoon in the record shops. I returned to the 'shire with:

CDs
  • Anna Calvi
  • Metronomy - The English Riviera
  • The Unthanks - Last
  • Beirut - Gulag Orkestar
  • Emmy the Great - Virtue
  • EMA - Past Life Martyred Saints
  • Widowspeak - Widowspeak
  • The Twilight Sad - The Night Ahead
Vinyl
  • Let's Buy Happiness (7") Six Wolves / Woodrings
  • Velocette (7") Bittersweet / Bossanova
  • Sleigh Bells (7") Tell 'Em / Holly
  • The Broken Family Band (7") Salivating / Love Your Man Love Your Woman
  • Roddy Woomble (7") Roll Along

I'm also rather pleased to have garnered a free mug from Piccadilly Records due to my purchasing power.

This wasn't everything on my list but it was a few 'lucky dip' picks on the spur of the moment - the way I love to record shop and discover hidden gems.

What's everyone else listening to at the moment?

No comments: