Feeling vaguely smug this morning as I have officially completed phase one of my mega-diet.
Phase one was to lose the weight I gained while I had post-natal depression and then let hang around for a while once I was better. So, this morning thanks to my efforts I have completed Operation Get Thin: Phase One (post-baby weight) and am finally back below the weight I was when I came out of hospital from having my son (who is now just over two). Adios, 28lbs. I won't miss you.
I'm straight into phase two (pregancy weight) and have 19lbs to shed in order to complete this part of the mission. I won't miss them when they're gone either.
And then a more momentous task to complete in phase three (post-wedding, pre-baby weight) before the final hurdle of phase four (never been this thin before weight). Who knows when the mission can be declared complete but for now I will savour my smugness at reaching the first milestone on my journey.
But, aren't you a Fat Girl?
Well, yes I am. And I have been asked about how my mission to lose weight fits with being part of Team Run, Fat Girl, Run. And I smile and look at the person as if I won't satisfy them with an answer before saying in my most mystical of voices 'Being a Fat Girl is a state of mind, not a physical mass'. And they nod sagely, wondering what the hell I am blabbering about.
Which is the weak point I take advantage of to try to wheedle sponsorship out of them - if you want to join the Fat Girl party (and who doesn't) use the widget in my side bar or visit my online page.
Tuesday, 17 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment