Sunday, 31 January 2010

Top five: times I would travel if I had a time machine

A post inspired by something @MMaryMcKenna said on Twitter t'other day, here is the top five times I would travel to if I had a time machine.
  1. September 2000. I would be there. I don't know what I'd do but I know I'd be there. Of course I would try to stop the scene playing out (and damn the consequences of changing history) but if I couldn't I would be there to hold his hand as he fell asleep.
  2. Stone Roses at Spike Island. It's obvious isn't it?
  3. The Blitz. An odder choice. But having written hundreds of stories across the span of WW2 for a website project I'd like to see the bravery and stoic attitude for myself. And a few of the buildings which fell at this time.
  4. The moment in the Take That dressing room when Rob left. I really would try and get them to talk it all through, not just let him leave with a melon. Yeah, he might lose out on a few million pounds but it'd be better for us all in the long run if he'd stay. I think. Maybe it wouldn't. Gah, might need to travel to this one a few times before working out whether to change history or not.
  5. My wedding day. Both of them. Because happiness like that can't be experienced enough.
The flux capacitor is fired up - who wants to go in the time machine next?

No comments: