Tuesday, 8 March 2011

AR: Archive Reviews

So here we go again with another adventure in blogging. There is, after all, nothing as powerful as a bad idea thats time has come and this one is ripe and ready to drop.

I recently found a whole stack of old notebooks. They were filled with scribbles, doodles, mysterious notes and numbers. A couple of them were mainly taken up with plans for fanzines both on and offline. Lots of writing projects were conceived within the pages of these notebooks.

And I think it's time to pop another of these ideas in the incubator and see if it will hatch. It is with this in mind then that I present to you AR: Archive Reviews. This idea is not groundbreaking, in fact it wouldn't even cause a tremor but it's my idea and I'm going to nurture it.

What is it? Well, it's a couple of excuses rolled into one glorious blogging exercise. It's an excuse for me to go back and listen to albums I've listened to in the past, take the time to really hear them again giving me the further excuse to then write something about them.

I imagine you'll need a little while to really let the realisation you'll at long last be able to hear my opinion on the musical gems of the past. I'm starting with The Chemical Brothers 1995 album Exit Planet Dust. I've got a few other long player's queued and ready to spin. I know, exciting isn't it?

No comments: