Saturday, 20 March 2010

Missing: One Muse

I've lost my creative mojo. Even this bloody post is being forced onto the virtual page using a suction cup and brute strength.

I'm desperate to write, to create, but my inspiration is off somewhere leaving me high and dry with not a letter to hang from. I'd like to blame this impotence on a number of factors - illness; everyday life; busy with professional type stuff; laziness creeping in. Really I know they are but futile excuses.

I'm ready, willing, just not able without that damn spark of creativity. I have a few ideas in my head but they are buzzing with all the enthusiasm of a fat fly, incarcerated to near death, banging uselessly against the glass prison of a shed window.

I used to write something creative everyday. Perhaps I need to just let pen bleed onto page and see if the mess draws my muse like a rubbernecker to a car crash. Perhaps I should just stop fighting to get inspired and know when it needs to happen it will.

Perhaps I need to let something new musically get under my skin. There is no gig on the horizon for another month or more though. Time to slip beneath the water of a new (to me) album and see whether I sink or swim...

No comments: