So 2009 - the year I hit what is commonly held to be a milestone birthday. And as pretending it isn't happening seems to require a lot of effort I will take the path of least resistance and embrace it by celebrating throughout the whole calendar year so hopefully my memories will be of that rather than the passing of another year.
And as usual I will drag others along with me.
Next year will be the second Year of the Gig (the first being held in 2006). The somewhat vague rules for this being that we must attend at least one gig a month for the whole year. Plus festivals. And looking for things to fill this calendar will keep me amused in slow moments as this year plays out.
But a warm up is required so with four months of 2008 remaining three of them have been gifted with gigs.
- September - Wildhearts (Earth Vs anniversary gig)
- October - The Pipettes
- December - The Bluetones (Expecting to Fly anniversary gig)
So just November's slot left to fill. And I might sneak Elbow in there.
While I ponder on that I will dream of being at home, under a blanket, with a cup of tea and a comforting black and white film (perhaps Kind Hearts and Coronets) planning a season of preserve making.

No comments:
Post a Comment