If you can have a concept album or a conceptual piece of art work, can you have a concept novel? Or are all novels concepts? I've confused myself already...
I'm about to start work on another stint of creative writing and while making notes and planning ideas started to wonder about whether I would call this a concept novel. If it were an album it would without doubt be pigeon-holed that way. So why not for the written word?
I don't suppose until it is written I can call it anything much. And whether it will ever get written is another matter entirely. But I intend to try as the idea is fair niggling at my mind so want to scratch that itch by getting it out!
So, tonight I make the move from scribbling ideas and musing over the unimportant into beginning the real work of getting the words out. Here we go again...

No comments:
Post a Comment