Monday, 25 May 2009

Top five: things cooking in my kitchen today

  1. Wholegrain loaf. I've been lazy and not made bread for ages but having a bank holiday with not much else to do I've got on with it. This recipe makes bread which can be transformed into the most marvellous toast. I should be even less lazy and get on with some preserves to go on it really.
  2. Rock buns. The Dead Apprentice's contribution to today's cook up. Always a joy...fruity, baked goodness.
  3. Banana muffins. The boy loves bananas. And cakes. So this seems like a good idea. Must stop snacking on the banana chips though.
  4. Carrot cake. As suggested by @JustinGriggs on Twitter. The crucial thing here is to get the icing right. Not sure whether he will be able to tell only from a TwitPic though.
  5. Cup cakes. As suggested by @Sylviav on Twitter. Allowing my inner twee to enter my cookery I hope they will be cute as well as yummy with pastel icing and assorted decorations.

No comments: