There is nothing I would rather do on a bonus bank holiday than spend the day, fairly aimlessly, in Manchester, picking out new records and mooching from cafe to bar to gallery and back again. It's a little holiday for the soul.A highlight of this city break has to be the record stores. Actual stores, where you can walk through the door, flick through the racks, go in with a list and come out fulfilled and with surprises on top. So now I am loaded up with recent (new-to-me releases) and a renewed list waiting for the next time I can get to a store / have some cash.
- Passion Pit - Manners
- Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career
- Doves - Kingdom of Rust
- Graham Coxon - The Spinning Top (yes, I already downloaded it but wanted the physical copy for the artwork and to complete my Coxon collection)
- Jarvis Cocker - Further Complications
- Maximo Park - Girls Who Play Guitars (coloured 7" vinyl)
- Twisted Wheel - We Are Us (7")
- Jack Penate - Tonight's Today
I also picked up a copy of Plan B magazine, which appears to be on issue 45 although this is the first I've heard of it. Am putting this down to living so far away from its usual outlets and not because I am getting old and losing touch.
Anyway, glazing over that possibility quickly, I guess I will be spewing reviews of these purchases when I have had a listen. There's something to look forward to...

No comments:
Post a Comment