Thursday, 21 May 2009

Top five: reasons/answers to: "where's my head at"?

  1. There was a heady undertow of wild garlic across the tops on way to work this morning. It must have done something to me as I passed straight through my destination and was fair at the next halt on the A6 before questioning where I was going. Possible solution: more caffeine.
  2. More scattiness this week, which isn't really like me. Took my toddler to nursery realising only when we got there that he didn't have any shoes. Or a coat. I was assured that it happens and he'd be fine with bits from their spares box. But to finish the day off I then left Gerry Rafferty* there for a long weekend. Bright side: didn't leave toddler there for long weekend.
  3. I'm quite mad at Ron Howard about Angels and Demons. I'm annoyed at myself that I am quite mad at him. I'm not best pleased with Tom Hanks either.
  4. I'm worried I am gonna lose track of all the things I am working on /all the people I am trying to be: wife; mother; music lover; creative writer; academic; worker; friend; liver of life. I can't let the (surely fleeting) success in some areas go to my head. Might cause me to miss something really important.
  5. The need to audit my vinyl collection is niggling me. I am pretty au fait on the 7" situation but am less sure what there is to behold in the 10" / 12" and LP categories. This shouldn't be as front-of-mind as it is. I can't hold back the need to know much longer though...
*Not the actual Gerry Rafferty, he is probably spending another long weekend at Baker Street. This Gerry Rafferty is my son's toy giraffe, who he likes to take wherever he goes.

No comments: